John F. Kennedy University requires students to meet or exceed the following technical requirements to ensure they can successfully take proctored examinations and complete their coursework using FlexCourse:
- Computer that runs at least Windows XP (Windows 7 or later recommended) or Mac OS X (or higher), with at least 1024 MB of RAM (2GB recommended)
- Webcam (resolution at least 640 x 480 with 1280x720 recommended)
- Computer microphone (Many webcams have built in microphones.)
- Computer speakers or headphones
- Reliable high-speed Internet connection of at least 3 Mbps.
- Microsoft Office with Word, Excel, and Powerpoint or equivalent software to include word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation (slide) capability.
- Google Chrome web browser (most current version) with Adobe Flash Player installed. Adobe Flash Player is a free download from adobe.com.